Skip to main content

We use JavaScript to set most of our cookies. Unfortunately JavaScript is not running on your browser, so you cannot change your settings using this page. To control your cookie settings using this page try turning on JavaScript in your browser.

About cookies

We've saved some files called cookies on your device. These cookies are:

  • essential for the site work
  • to help improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it

We would also like to save some cookies to help:

  • improve our website by measuring website usage
  • remember your settings
Change cookie settings

You've accepted all cookies for this website. You can change your cookie preferences at any time.

Raising a concern about health and social care services


When things go wrong, raising your concern can seem “a step too far” or too time-consuming, especially as it may be at a particularly difficult time.

But raising your concern in the right way is important. It can make a positive difference to others, preventing the same happening to them and ensuring our future care is better.

We can help with complaints advocacy

If you need to raise a concern about an NHS or social care service, you can talk to us. Our trained, dedicated complaints advocacy staff will provide you with the free, independent, and confidential support you are entitled to. 

They will help you raise your concern and:

  • Support you to make a complaint about a service, care or treatment provided or paid for by the NHS or local authority
  • Support you to make a complaint on someone else’s behalf, including if someone has died
  • Listen to your concerns
  • Put you in touch with other organisations if we think that someone else can also help
  • Answer questions about the process and explain your options
  • Provide a step-by-step guide to the process and offer some tips

Get in touch with your local Llais team and one of our team will talk to you about your concern, what sort of help you think you require and if you have any particular needs such as large print materials or access to someone who can sign.

If we can help you, we’ll tell you how. If we can’t, we’ll do our best to advise who can.

Please note that we do not provide advocacy services directly to children and young people about social care services (children's services). But we can help children and young people with their concerns about NHS care.